Monday, September 24, 2007

A little about me!

My name is Ayla (it rhymes with the Eric Clapton song "Layla") and this is my 'blog about being an American grad student living in Ireland! I am in the process of getting a MA in Irish Studies at the National University of Ireland, Galway. I plan on updating this 'blog every Sunday with thoughts (and pictures!) about my experiences.

This is me:


I was born in Tacoma, Washington, grew up in Spring Lake, Michigan, got a dual bachelor's degree in English Literature and Linguistics at Michigan State University in East Lansing, Michigan, and now I live in Galway, Ireland!




I have a fabulous sister named Hanna


and two fabulous parents, Bonnie and Michael.


As you can see, we're a pretty serious family.


I have a wonderful boyfriend named Jim.

He just graduated from Michigan State, in May, with a BA in French, and now works for Quicken Loans. Because he's awesome.

I miss them all quite a bit, but hopefully this 'blog will help make the distance a little less.

No comments: