Sunday, July 13, 2008

Where does the time go?

Wait, it's mid-July already? How did that happen?

Well, that means that, by this time next week, I'll be in Michigan! On Thursday, actually, I am flying back to the 'states for a two-and-a-bit week vacation.

It is sorely needed by this point. I have been missing my family, and friends back home, quite a bit lately-- actively missing, not just that background not-really-conscious missing that goes on most of the time. I'm also starting to get a bit burned out with working on my thesis. I feel like it will be good to take a break, and then I'll be able to come back to it with renewed motivation.

My rough itinerary:
17-19 July: Chicago, staying with Jim and Megan.
19-27 July: Michigan! Harmony and Adrian's wedding, spending time with the fambly (especially my sisty!), a visit to Lansing, sixth annual Pirate Party.
27-31 July: Chicago, back at el apartamento de Megan y Jim.
31 July-3 August: Washington D.C., staying with Curtis.

I'm not sure if I'll have a chance to update until I get back. After all, like I said around Christmastime, this is a 'blog about Ayla in Ireland, not Ayla in Michigan. Or even D.C.

Before I go, though, I have quite a bit of work to do around here. I have a lot of writing to get done for Lionel before I go, not to mention laundry and packing for my trip!

No comments: