Sunday, November 16, 2008

semester of travel

Apologies for not updating last Sunday, though I suppose the election-y posts made up for that. My life has been busy, though not anecdotally rich-- I have been working quite hard the last couple weeks, and I have a lot of work to finish in the next couple weeks. Like writing the first draft of a conference paper. (Eeep.)

The only real exciting news is that, in exactly one week, my mother will be here visiting! Wow! I am graduating from my MA on Friday 28 November, and Mom is visiting for it. She will be here for a whole week, staying on my futon, and I think we might even go up to Belfast for a couple days. I am really excited about her visit! Of course, I'm going back to the 'States for Christmas on 4 December, so it's not like we'll have long to wait to see each other again, but still.

This has been a semester full of travel for me! I was in Michigan in September for a wedding and in Chicago in October for Mom's birthday, then Alex visited, now Mom is visiting. Crazy! Of course, next semester won't be nearly as travel-ful. I better not get used to this, because after Christmas I probably won't get to see any friends or family from the 'States until July or August.

No comments: