Wednesday, March 4, 2009

weather? damn near killed 'er!

Holy crap! I am sitting here at my cubicle, working away, when I suddenly glanced up and noticed that it is snowing! Really hard! Huge fluffy chunky flakes! That is crazy.

I doubt it will stick, of course. I woke up this morning to weather reports on the radio talking about "bad road conditions" across Ireland due to snow, but by the time I left the house there wasn't any in sight. It's in the mid-high 30s today, so I'm sure it will all melt away as soon as it stops coming down. But still. Crazy!

... and it was so nice last week, too. In the mid 50s the whole time. I actually brought out my spring/fall jacket (a corduroy blazer) but now I'm back to my winter wool coat. Well, according to weather.com, it's supposed to cold this weekend but then back to normal Ireland weather next week.


I was going to make a post this weekend, about Irish Fat Tuesday traditions, but then I forgot. Maybe I still will, but right now I should get back to work. I just wanted to make a post documenting the bizarre occurrence of snow in Galway!

No comments: