Sunday, December 2, 2007

it's that time of year again...

Yes indeedy, it's that magical time of year that transforms every student into a caffeine-fueled pile of stress that is just this far from a nervous breakdown. I'm speaking, of course, of finals.

I have one essay turned in already, one started, and one that I don't even know where to begin. (It's history, my weakness. I haven't taken a history class since I was 14, and I haven't the slightest idea how to write a history essay.) So I won't be giving you anything insightful this week, I'm sorry. My last essay is due on 10 December, next Monday I believe, so if I don't give you an update next Sunday that's why... but I'll make up for it with something substantial later on. Our class is going to Dublin on Thursday for a "research field trip"-- we'll be going to the Royal Irish Academy, the National Library of Ireland, and the National Archives of Ireland for presentations on how to research their material. I'm excited, if only because I love Dublin. A lot of people here don't care for the city, but in the short two months I lived there, I really fell in love with it.

Anyway, to make up for the lack of content, I give you a panorama of Galway that I made. (Click on the picture for the full size!)

Galway city at dusk, from a hill near my house. You can see the bay and the dome of the Cathedral.

Righty-o. Back to work.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I hope that your studies will not make you so busy that you will not have time to take pity on two "just shy of baby-boomer" American tourists if they make it your way on the weekend. You may even spot them in Dublin on Thursday somewhere between Trinity College and the Guinness Brewery. TDC