Sunday, May 4, 2008

here and gone

Just a quick note-- I'm moving tomorrow!

It came up quite suddenly. On Tuesday, my friend Seanna called me to tell me that she'd moved out of the apartment that I'm moving into. On Thursday, I got the move-out paperwork in the mail from my current building manager. On Friday, I talked to my new housemate Julia, and we decided on Monday at noon. She has a car, so she's going to come pick me up and help me move! That's particularly excellent, because otherwise I'd be paying for a couple cab rides across town.

I packed most of my things today, just leaving the things I'm going to need tomorrow morning. I'm very excited to be away from the outskirts of town and closer to the city centre. The apartment is gorgeous, the rent is reasonable, and the location is ideal-- equidistant between the College and the city centre, and less than a ten-minute walk to either.

It's rather odd, though. I've lived in this apartment for almost nine months, and I can be packed and gone, leaving no sign I was ever here, in a couple hours. I've never quite gotten used to the temporary, semi-nomadic lifestyle that tends to be common to college students. Well, I have four years ahead of me in Galway, and I'm pretty sure I can stay in this new place as long as I want.

No comments: