Wednesday, November 18, 2009

for when your life is just not epic enough

I am really busy these days, trying to finish a chapter in the next two-ish weeks. An important part of keeping focused while writing, I've found, is the proper music. I need music that will cover up any distracting sounds in the room while at the same time not being too distracting itself. For this purpose, I have found movie and tv soundtracks to really work. They are typically instrumental, so no distracting lyrics, but engaging enough to not get boring. The Doctor Who soundtracks, the Lord of the Rings soundtracks, or anything by Danny Elfman all are good choices.

My favorite for writing, though, is the Pirates of the Caribbean soundtrack! I find it to be incredibly inspirational. It makes even the most mundane activities feel absolutely epic.

That music always reminds me that, no matter what you're doing, do it with confidence and style. Even if what you're doing is sailing into port on a sinking dinghy.

This is apparently a pretty timely post, actually... I guess Johnny Depp just got voted Sexiest Man Alive for the second time. I definitely agree, and have thought this for years. I've really thought this since I was eight years old, though I might not have used the word "sexy" back then.

No comments: